Monday, January 11, 2010

1/144 GN X-IA (Part 1)

Well, as promised, I'll try to finish as many kits as possible with in this year, so presenting my first W.I.P of 2009!!! WOOHOO...

Got the idea from Hobby Japan modeler Seira Masuo. I'm a big big fan of his and I know a few other of my pals as well. He does crazy kit bashings and also take really old school and lousy kits and transforms them into beautiful creations.

This kit is a combination of a 1/144 GNX and 1/144 Exia plus spare material from my junkpile, which unfortunately or forunately is building up....=P I must say it is a very different experience and really requires one to use a lot of thinking and planning to execute the desired look....

Here's a first look at the kit....

I added some details here and there, but most noteable is being the face of the kit. I replaced the GNX's face with Exia's (not that I didn't like the original...) and also attached the V-fin to the head...

I also detailed up the stomache area, which will be exposed instead of covering it up in the end...

On the back of the kit, pla plate and also rives were used to detail up the backpack as well as the GN drive.....
And yes that is my Nu Gundam still behind, haha....

Well, I know nobody or not many people reads this blog of mine, unless I post it up in forums but if you do, please leave me a comment, so at least I know there are guys and gals out there following this... Haha...XD

More updates to follow soon. Stay tune=)

3 comments:

VC said...

Yo Jimmy, who say nobody read your Blog?? Its just that you don't update often!! Hahahaha!!!!! Wa, your gundam very chios sial, Hope that you finish it nicely. Cheers Vin Tay:P

Jimmy said...

Haha, thanks Vinc, will update as regularly as possible then, haha....XD

Unknown said...

Ok....
Get to know that somebody is secretly doing a nice nice GN-X here....

So today pop by to take a look...

Ya, I admit I didn't come your blog often.... Too many websites outside the world.... Sorry bro~

Quite nice modding on this GN-X....

kbata