Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tieren (Part VI)

Ok, time for another UPDATE!!!!
It is now into the painting stages. Chosen red as my preferred colour. Yes I can hear the masses going," oh com'on, not another red one....." or "can't you think of something more original??" Well, I have never done a red colour MS before, so I thought this would be a nice opportunity to try it.=)

My base was primed with Grey, shaded with one layer black and one layer red brown. 2 reds were mixed as I wanted some contrast ie, some parts of the Tieren will have a lighter shade of red while others get darker. I also took a gamble by having some details painted in Gold....

Dark red is basically a mix of Red + Red Brown + Black
Light red is Above mixture + White + Florocent Pink + Orange
Gold is Gaia Bright Gold + Clear Orange


Spraying this kit can really be a pain, especially the masking... Gosh my precious masking tape.... Well, no pain no gain I suppose....

Sample of mask spraying gold to arm part.

Before:
After:
Overall, the painting came out great, well at least that was how I saw it. Decided not to add decals to this fella, IMO it is war machine not an F1 car... haha..... Almost to the finish line le, and ahead of time!!! YAHOOO.... As always C&C pls pls pls... Thanks for viewing!!!=)

No comments: